Listed below in the order of presentation are the workshop and plenary lectures presented at the 27th annual Lab InfoTech Summit. This conference was held on 16-18 March, 2009, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Each title is a link to the PDF version of the PowerPoint lecture. Many of the files are large so please allow sufficient time for them to load on your computer. The few missing links will be supplied as soon as they become available.
- Implementing data-driven feedback and learning mechanisms in surgical pathology (Audio link)
Jeffrey L. Myers, M.
- Detecting and avoiding errors in the clinical pathology labs with special emphasis on lab automation (Audio link)
Charles D. Hawker, Ph.D., M.B.A
- The Innovator’s Prescription: An Examination of the Future of Healthcare through the Lens of Disruptive Innovation (Audio link)
Jason Hwang, M.D., M.B.A.
- Introduction to LITS-Interop: Providing Out-of-the-Box Connectivity for LISs (Audio link)
Ulysses J. Balis, M.D.
- Using Standardized Reporting and New Software to Improve Lab Safety and Quality (Audio link)
Steven A. Raab, M.D.
- The “Omics” Revolution Meets Microbiology and Infectious Disease Reports (Audio link)
James Versalovic, M.D., Ph.D.
- Information Technology as a Key Enabler for Enhanced Automation in the Core Laboratory (Audio link)
Anand S. Dighe, M.D., Ph.D.
- Using Diagnostics to Monitor the Effectiveness of Treatment (Audio link)
Bruce A. Friedman, M.D.
- Effective Management of LIS Personnel (Audio link)
Kathy M. Davis, MT (ASCP)
- Pain Points for Hospital Labs and Their Reference Lab Partners: Making Them Go Away (Audio link)
Ronald L. Weiss, M.D., M.B.A.
- Demystifying the LIS Purchase Cycle: All You Need to Know about RFPs and Contracts (Audio link)
John P. Ellison, J.D.
- Personal Health Records (PHRs): A New Form of Electronic Records That Will Affect the Clinical Labs (Audio link)
- The Evolution of the Digital Pathology Department: A Step-by-Step Strategic Road Map (Audio link)
Ulysses J. Balis, M.D.
- The LIS Redesign Challenges Prompted by Emerging Molecular Diagnostic Testing (Audio link)
Federico A. Monzon, M.D.
- Integrating Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software into Your LIS (Audio link)
Murilo Melo, M.D.