The Association for Pathology Informatics (API) and Sunquest Information Systems are collaborating for the third consecutive year in the development of a webinar series devoted to pathology informatics. Below is a list of the 2017 lecture titles with dates and participating faculty:
- Jan. 26: The Shifting Value Equation Between Hospital Labs and Reference Labs (Dr. Brian Jackson)
- Feb. 14: Consumerism in Diagnostics: Retail Testing and the Future of Providers (Panel discusion moderated by Robert McGonnagle)
- Mar. 21: Primary Diagnosis Using Digital Pathology: Are We There Yet? (Dr. Liron Pantanowitz)
- Apr. 25: An End-to-End LIS Solution for Clinical Pathology (Manish Muzumdar)
- May 11: HIT from the Regulatory Point of View (Dr. Walter Henricks)
To register for any of these webinars, navigate to this link: API Webinar Series. Click on one or more of the presentations to register. You will receive an email reminder prior to the lecture. This web page will be expanded with a short description of each lecture. Video recordings of seventeen of the previous webinars in this multi-year series are also available on-line (Sunquest and API Webinar Series). On this page, click the "view recording" link next to each lecture and the video of the presentation will launch.
The API is the sponsor of the most important pathology informatics conference in the country -- Pathology Informatics Summit 2017. It will take place in Pittsburgh on May 22-25, 2017 (Pathology Informatics Summit 2017). The conference web site provides comprehensive information including a tab for submitting an abstract for the meeting with a deadline of March 5, 2017. The API will also provide travel awards up to $1,200 to pathology residents and is now accepting applications for these grants.