The Association for Pathology Informatics (API) and Sunquest Information Systems will shortly present another fee webinar in their continuing series devoted to pathology Informatics. It's entitled “Deploying Analytic Software in Your Lab for Management Support” and will take place on Tuesday, January 13, 2015, at 12 PM EDT/9 AM PDT. The two faculty members will be the well-known LIS consultants Dennis Winsten and Hal Weiner.
In the face of reduced reimbursement, clinical labs are under increasing pressure to optimize business practices, improve utilization, and cut costs. Business Intelligence (BI) software that provides organized, well-structured and understandable views of laboratory operational and financial data is thus becoming increasingly important. It enables lab managers and pathologists to better understand their operations and make well-founded, prudent decisions to meet their business objectives.
Winsten and Weiner will describe the characteristics of business intelligence, explain why it is important, provide examples of business intelligence capabilities and provide options for system selection and guidelines for a BI system in your laboratory. Here are the learning goals of the session:
- Determine the potential value and benefits of business intelligence software for their laboratory.
- Assess and evaluate the characteristics and capabilities of various business intelligence alternatives.
- Describe the key differentiators in selecting the best-fit business intelligence system for their laboratory.
You can register for the webinar here. Only minimal registration information is required. A video of the event will be provided in about a week on the API and Sunquest web sites. The two upcoming presentations in the continuing API/Sunquest webinar series are listed below. Further information about them will be posted on Lab Soft News.
- What the Future Holds for Direct-to-Consumer Genomic Lab Testing (Jill Hagenkord)
- How Digital Pathology Will Reshape Surgical Pathology (Stephen Hewitt)